Wanli He, CPA
1815 Creekshire Drive
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Perfecting the process of accounting
GAAP, General Ledger, Financial Reporting,
Budget Development / Forecasting, Accounts Payable / Receivable
* Texas CPA Certificate Holder since 2013.
* Hardworking and accurate Accountant with more than 10 years of experience including knowledge in multiple industries, a Master of Business Administration, and a Bachelor of Accounting.
* Capable in international business matters, fast-paced environments, and evolving circumstances and strategies.
* Detail oriented with excellent multi-tasking skills, strong interpersonal and communication abilities, and adept in independent operations and team dynamics.
* Proficient in SunGard Banner Finance (ERP software), QuickBooks, TurboTax, WolfePak, Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Bilingual with fluency in English and Chinese Mandarin.
TRI-STAR PETROLEUM COMPANY
February 2012 – January 2015
Setup payroll cycle for energy exploration and development company with 10 employees in the Houston location. Ran monthly JIB (Joint Interest Billing) process to produce detailed statements attached to checks, providing reports for owners. Developed monthly cash flow statements, W-2s, and 1099s.
* Improved cost projection and budgeting through implementing Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) process using WolfePak which decreased time needed for tracking actual cost versus budget.
* Increased speed and accuracy of quarterly reporting, payroll calculation and W-2 generation through setting up the new payroll module for the Houston office.
TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY
December 2010 – May 2011
ACCOUNTANT, Student Accounting Office
Provided reconciliation of accounts receivable, entered journal vouchers in to SunGard Banner Finance system, and calculated amounts of grants and loans of at least $800,000 per month received from U.S. Department of Education grants management system.
* Uncovered discrepancies adding up to millions of dollars through initiating monthly reconciliation of accounts receivable.
U.S. CHINESE CHANNEL
Inc, Houston, TX
August 2008 – December 2010
Processed accounts payable and receivable including analysis and posting procedures. Reconciled general ledger account balances and prepared month-end journal entries. Assisted with preparation of collection reports and received funds. Maintained Excel spreadsheet income schedules including performing monthly analysis and updates. Supported radio station senior management decision making through generating customized financial reports.
DIRECT DRIVEHEAD, INC. / NEW HORIZON EXPLORATION GROUP
October 2007 – August 2008
Processed accounts payable, performed monthly bank reconciliations, and developed annual budget reports, W-2s, and 1099s. Established table of accounts and assigned entries to proper accounts in WolfePak.
* Successfully led the project to convert financial systems of 3 member companies to 1 common platform, transferring all accounting records from QuickBooks to WolfePak.
* Ensured accurate allocation of oil and gas revenue and expense to oil field partners through producing JIB process.
* Detected and corrected multiple accounting errors.
Contract Bookkeeper, Flow Properties, Inc., Houston, TX, July 2007 – August 2007
Sales Manager Assistant (Part-time), Amid International Company, Houston, TX,
April 2004 – June 2007
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
University of Houston / C.T. Bauer College of Business, Houston, TX
BACHELOR OF ACCOUNTING
Ocean University of Qingdao / Department of Accounting, Qingdao, P.R. China
Houston CPA Society, Member since 2013