***DTMB WILL BE FILLING 2 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMER/ANALYST 12 – SENIOR JAVA PROGRAMMER/ANALYST POSITIONS FROM THIS POSTING***
Perform as a Senior analyst/programmer to design and develop advanced Java components for the Department Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB), in support of the Office of Retirements Services’ enterprise level retirement application. Typical assignments would include the creation of new program components, enhancing application functionality, and analyzing and resolving problems with existing code, in adherence to Application Support Team (AST) standards and development methodologies. This role requires the ability to independently develop technical specifications based on written requirements, programming Java code in a J2EE environment using the Rational Software Architect (RSA) environment, accessing relational databases, performing unit tests, creating test plans, executing system tests, and managing software merges for developed code. In addition, individuals in this role provide technical support to others on the AST including review of assignments, code, test results and problem analysis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Previous work experience and understanding of the financial industry, including working with General Ledgers, Payroll and/or Wage and Contribution is preferred.
· Knowledge and experience with SQL, Java, Perforce (or similar tool such as Source Safe), Access and/or WebSphere is required.
· Knowledge in Java development environment highly desirable.
· Extensive knowledge with Java J2EE development in an enterprise level application environment. Established and documented skills in Java, JSPs, SQL, Servlets, Apache Struts, and Enterprise Java Beans programming.
· Prior knowledge with a Java development environment similar to RSA, preferred.
· Knowledge of unit testing within a Java environment.
· Knowledge with multi developer environments and the use of software configuration management tools.
· Understanding of MS SQL database and IIS.
· Understanding of the fundamentals of various hardware components in a server based environment (servers, switches, routers, SAN, NAS) and communication protocols, as they relate to application development.
· Knowledge of production operations and production monitoring tools.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment in carrying out assignments.
· Technical and analytical skills.
· Knowledge in standard methods and procedures of systems analysis.
· Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in
Required Education and Experience:
Possession of a bachelor’s degree with 21 semester (32 term) credits in computer science, data processing, computer information systems, data communications, networking, systems analysis, computer programming, or mathematics.
Three years of professional experience equivalent to an Information Technology Infrastructure or Programmer/Analyst P11.
Alternate Education and Experience:
Possession of an associate’s degree with 16 semester (24 term) credits in computer science, data processing, computer information systems, data communications, networking, systems analysis, computer programming, mathematics or equivalent; and two years of experience as an application programmer, computer operator, or
information technology technician may be substituted for the education requirement.
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school and three years of experience as an application programmer, computer operator, or information technology technician may be substituted for the education requirement.
This position will be available on our website until 5/05/15
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://goo.gl/DL07dg and apply electronically for posting #: 0801-2014-0716cw. Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your application.
$24.66 – $35.43 hourly