As a limited-term senior level worker, this Unix server application developer, supporting the Department of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB), the Michigan Civil Service Commission (MCSC) and the Governor’s Executive Office (GOV), performs a complete range of senior information system analyst assignments including, but not limited to gathering requirements, planning, designing, testing, implementing, and documenting highly complex Unix based and/or client-server applications. They will develop systems involving multiple State agencies, multiple vendors or new technology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to plan, coordinate and expedite work projects.
· Extensive knowledge and experience of advanced principles, theories, techniques, and methods in the development and design of Unix applications using multiple software systems.
· Extensive knowledge of internet/intranet operations and design concepts.
· Extensive knowledge of Unix system architecture and security issues.
· Extensive knowledge of internet/intranet content management software.
· Ability to independently resolve complex problems and to guide other staff in problem resolutions.
· Ability to analyze business information processes and customer needs and design appropriate solutions to meet business goals and objectives.
· Ability to design internet/intranet pages and sites to promote maximum usability and access to taxonomy categories.
· Ability to keep pace with industry advances in internet/intranet technologies and analyze the impact on state and agency programs and standards.
· Ability to plan and organize tasks and execute project plans.
· Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies and procedures.
· Considerable knowledge using:
· Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Management Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications, Visual Basic Scripting, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, SQL, Java, Java Scripting, XML, HTML, Web Services, AJAX, JQuery.
Required Education and Experience:
Possession of a bachelor’s degree with 21 semester (32 term) credits in computer science, data processing, computer information, data communications, networking, systems analysis, computer programming, or mathematics.
Three years of professional experience equivalent to an Information Technology Infrastructure or Programmer/Analyst P11.
Alternate Education and Experience:
Possession of an associate’s degree with 16 semester (24 term) credits in computer science, data processing, computer information systems, data communications, networking, systems analysis,computer programming, project management, or mathematics and two years of experience as an application programmer, computer operator, or information technology technician; or two years (4160 hours) of experience as an Information Technology Student Assistant, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school and four years of experience as an application programmer, computer operator, information technology technician, or four years (8,320 hours) of experience as an Information Technology Student Assistant may be substituted for the education requirement.
This position will be available on our website until 05/03/15
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://goo.gl/LXMqkT and apply electronically for posting #: 0801-2014-1231cw. Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your application.
$24.66 – $35.43 hourly
This position is recognized resource for job scheduling and data integration middleware software on Unix platforms, maintaining access to critical...Apply For This Job
The senior level analyst position analyzes, develops, tests, configures, implements, and maintains a variety of hardware platforms, network server operating...Apply For This Job
***DTMB WILL BE FILLING 2 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMER/ANALYST 12 – SENIOR JAVA PROGRAMMER/ANALYST POSITIONS FROM THIS POSTING*** Perform as a...Apply For This Job